Adding a Motor Mount
Rigging your vessel has a lot of personal preference associated with it. At LXV Outdoor we understand that the Fish Stalker crossover stand up paddleboard/kayak inflatable vessel provides a vast list of options and uses. Paddle the unit standing up, sit down and use a kayak paddle, or attach a trolling motor and power your way. When it comes to powering the unit with a trolling motor, we have provided two options on the location of the battery box. The battery box can be installed in the rear or near the front of the Fish Stalker. Considerations such as size of motor, battery size, water conditions, and the weight of the rider and other gear need to be taken into account when deciding on the position of the battery box in order to balance the weight distribution. The Fish Stalker has a capacity of 500 lbs so capacity is not the issue but battery box location should be considered.
The optimum location for the battery box is at the front which allows for the rider to be positioned further back on the Fish Stalker. This makes operating the trolling motor easier without an extension handle. That being said the rear mount position with rider weights of 230lbs still works fine.
Battery Box At the Front
Additional items in this kit include
- 10ft (3m) 8 AWG marine-grade silicon coated battery cables with protection boots
- These are preinstalled under the deck pad from front to rear
- Connector block pre mounted to the transom Stainless steel frame bar
- The double 5/16 blocks allow for connection of the extension cables and open posts for connecting the trolling motor power cables
- Allows for quick and easy mounting and removal of your trolling motor
Battery Box At the Back
- Battery box positions the motor mount close enough to directly connect Trolling Motor power cables to the Battery
- No Additional Cables Are provided
Adding a Kill Switch
Nothing ruins a day on the water more than watching your boat power away from you well you are bobbing up and down in the lake.The kill switch mounts to the motor mount stainless steel frame bar. A standard SUP ankle leash has a primary connection to the kill switch which is a simply pull pin on the positive power line from the battery and a secondary connection to the motor mount frame. Should the operator become separated from the iStalker the primary connection will disconnect the positive terminal power from the battery disabling the motor. The secondary connection will maintain a connection to the vessel ensuring that the rider does not get separated from the unit well in the water.
This kill switch works with any battery powered motor without requiring any modification to your motor that could affect performance or warranty. Easily connect your battery and trolling motor to the Connector Block.
Adding a Kill Switch Kit
- The Kill Switch Block is preinstalled on the transom’s stainless steel frame
- The Kill switch Block contains 5/16″ double terminals to connect to the battery and the trolling motor power cables
- Angle leash and tether strap
If you have select a Rear Battery location, you will be provided with a 4 foot (1.2m) 8 AWG marine-grade silicon coated battery cables
No Kill Switch
If you select a front battery location, your Fish Stalker will come with Connector Block in place of the Kill Switch